List of active policies
|Site Policy||Site policy||All users|
All those who have received access data via email are allowed access to the WDG Academy under these terms. Access can be restricted or removed due to misuse. The services offered at Academia WDG are subject to change without notice.
It is necessary to have an account for the vast majority of activities on our platform. The user must keep the password in a safe place, as he is responsible for all activities associated with his account. If you suspect that someone is using your account, it is up to the user to inform us and contact the support team.
You must have an account for most of the activities offered on our platform, including to purchase and register for a course. When setting up and maintaining the account, the user must provide and continue to provide correct and complete information, including a valid email address. The user is fully responsible for his account and for everything that happens in it, including any damages or damage (to WDG or anyone else) caused by someone who uses the account without his permission. This means that it is up to the user to be careful with their own password. It is prohibited to transfer the account to another person and use someone else's account without their permission. When you contact us to request access to an account, such access will only be granted if you provide the login credentials information for the account in question. In case of death of the user, the user's account will be closed.
When sharing the login credential with another person, the user will be responsible for what happens to their account. WDG Automation, hereinafter referred to as WDG, will not intervene in conflicts of students who have shared their account login credentials. The user must notify WDG immediately upon learning that someone may be using their account without permission (or if they suspect any other breach of security). To do this, you must contact our support team. We may request some information from you to confirm that you are, in fact, the owner of the account in question.
When enrolling in a course, the user will receive a license from WDG to view it through the WDG Academy Services, but not for other purposes. Transferring or reselling courses by any means is prohibited. The user will receive a lifetime access license, except when necessary to disable the course for legal or political reasons.
As a student, when enrolling in a course, regardless of whether it is free or paid, the user receives a license from the WDG Academy to view the course through the platform, with the WDG Academy being the official licensor. Courses are licensed, not sold to the user. The license does not give the user any right to resell the course by any means whatsoever (including by sharing the account information with a buyer or by illegal downloading of the course and sharing the course on torrent sites).
In legal and more comprehensive terms, WDG grants the user (as a student) a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and view the associated courses and content whose necessary fees have been paid or accreditation criteria have been met, exclusively for purposes personal, non-commercial and educational, through the Services, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular course or feature of our Services. All other forms of use are expressly prohibited. It is prohibited to reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, transmit by radio or television, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works, sublicense or, in any way, transfer or use any course, except with permission by written agreement signed by an authorized WDG representative.
In general, we grant a temporary or lifetime access license to students when they enroll in a course. However, we reserve the right to revoke any license to access and use the courses, at any time, if we decide or are required to disable access to a course for legal or political reasons.
When making a payment, the user agrees to use a valid payment method.
Course prices are determined based on our Price and Promotion Policy. We regularly promote and sell our courses. Some courses are offered at a discount only for a certain period. The price applicable to a course will be the price at the moment the user completes the purchase of the course (at the end of the purchase).
The user agrees to pay the fees for the courses purchased and authorizes us to charge his debit or credit card or process other means of payment (such as Boleto, SEPA, direct debit or mobile wallet) in relation to these fees.
When making a purchase, the user agrees not to use any invalid or unauthorized payment method. If the payment method fails and the user is still able to access the course in which he / she is enrolling, the user agrees to pay the corresponding fees to us within 30 (thirty) days after receiving our notification. We reserve the right to disable access to any course for which payment has not been properly made.
Rules on Content and Behavior
The user may only use the WDG Academy for lawful purposes. The user is responsible for all content that they publish on our platform. It is up to the user to keep the evaluations, questions, publications, courses and other content transferred in accordance with the provisions of the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. We may terminate your account for repeated or serious violations. If the user suspects that someone is infringing their copyright on our platform, it is up to the user to notify us.
Accessing or using the Services or creating an account for illicit purposes is prohibited. User use of the Services and behavior on our platform must comply with applicable local or national laws or regulations of the country in which they reside. The user is solely responsible for the knowledge and compliance with the laws and regulations that apply to him.
If you are a student, the Services allow you to ask questions to tutors of the courses you are enrolled in and post comments on courses. In certain courses, the tutor invites the user to send content such as “homework” or tests. The user is prohibited from publishing or sending content that does not belong to him. It is prohibited to post any question, answer, comment or other content that violates local or national laws or regulations of the country in which you reside. The user is solely responsible for all courses, content and actions that they publish or carry out through the platform and the Services, as well as the respective consequences.
If we are notified that a content violates the law or the rights of third parties (for example, if it is established that it violates the intellectual property or image rights of third parties or is an illegal activity) or if we believe that the content or the user behavior is unlawful, inappropriate or objectionable (for example, if the user commits a libidinous act), we may remove user content from our platform. WDG complies with copyright laws.
We may terminate or suspend the user’s permission to use our platform and our Services or terminate the user’s account at any time, with or without notice, for any violation of these Terms, if the user fails to pay any fees when due, upon request from law enforcement or government agencies, for long periods of inactivity, for unexpected technical issues or problems, or in case of suspected user involvement in fraudulent or illegal activities. Upon termination, we may delete the user's account and content, as well as prevent the user from accessing and using the platforms and Services again. User content may still remain available on platforms even after account closure or suspension. The user agrees that we will have no liability to him or to third parties for account termination, content removal or blocking access to our platforms and services.
If the user believes he has found any content that violates copyrights or trademarks, the user must inform us.
WDG owns the WDG Academy and its present and future services, as well as other items, such as logos, databases and content created by our employees. It is prohibited to tamper with them or use them without authorization. Any feedback, comments or suggestions that may be provided by the user about the WDG or the Services are completely voluntary. WDG will be free to use any feedback, comment or suggestion that it deems convenient, without obligation on the user.
When accessing or using the WDG platform or Services, it is prohibited to:
access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the platform, WDG computer systems or technical delivery systems from WDG service providers.
disable, interfere with or attempt to circumvent any security-related features of the platform or investigate, verify or test the vulnerability of any of our systems.
copy, modify, create derivative works, practice reverse engineering, practice reverse assembly, or otherwise attempt to decipher any source code or content on the WDG platform or Services.
access, search or try to access or search our platform by any means (automated or not) other than through our currently available search functionality. It is prohibited to use scrape, spider, robot or other automated means of any kind to access the Services.
in any way, use the Services to send altered, misleading or false originating identification information (such as sending e-mail communications that falsely appear to be from WDG); or interfere with the access, or interrupt (or attempt to do so) of any user, host or network, including, but not limited to, the sending of viruses, overload, flooding, spam or e-mail bombardment on platforms or services , or in any way interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services.
WDG rights on user posted content
By posting comments, questions and evaluations and sending us ideas and suggestions for new features or improvements, the user authorizes WDG to use and share this content with anyone, distribute it and promote it on any platform and on any media , as well as to make modifications or editions that we consider appropriate. In legal language, when sending or publishing content on the platform, the user grants us a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense), to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute the content on any media or distribution method (now existing or further developed). This includes making the user's content available to other companies, organizations or individuals that have a partnership with WDG for association, transmission in the media, distribution or publication of the content in other types of media. You declare and warrant that you have all the rights, powers and authority necessary to authorize us to use any content you submit. The user also agrees with all these forms of use of the content without implying the receipt of any remuneration.
Legal terms - Miscellaneous
These Terms have the same effect as any other agreement and contain important legal terms that protect us from various situations that may occur and clarify the legal relationship between WDG and the user.
The user agrees that, by accepting these terms, accessing or using our Services, he / she signs and undertakes a legal contract with WDG. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not accept the terms, access or use any of our Services.
Any version of these Terms in a language other than Portuguese is provided for convenience. The user understands and agrees that the Portuguese language will take precedence in case of any conflict.
These Terms (including any agreements and policies attached to them) constitute the entire agreement between you and WDG.
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid or not applicable by applicable law, this provision will be deemed to be replaced by a valid and applicable provision that best corresponds to the original provision's intention. The rest of the Terms will remain in effect.
Even if we do not exercise our rights immediately or fail to exercise any rights in a given case, this does not mean that we waive our rights under these Terms, and WDG may decide to enforce them in the future. If we choose to waive any of our rights in specific cases, this does not mean that we waive our rights as a whole or in the future.
There may be cases in which our platform stops working, either for the purpose of planned maintenance or due to an error. There may also be cases related to security problems. These are just examples. The user accepts that he is not entitled to any remedy against the WDG in any of these cases that involve malfunctions. In legal and more complete language, the Services and the respective content are provided “as is” and “as available”. WDG (and suppliers, partners and representatives) makes no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, punctuality, safety, lack of errors or accuracy of the Services or their content, and expressly disclaims any warranties or conditions (expressed or implied), including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. WDG (and its affiliates, suppliers, partners and representatives) makes no guarantee that the user will obtain specific results when using the Services. Your use of the Services (including any content) is entirely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions do not allow disclaimer of implied warranties. Therefore, some of the exclusions above may not apply to the user. We may choose to stop making certain features of the Services available at any time and for any reason. In no event will WDG, suppliers, partners and representatives be liable for any damages due to such interruptions or unavailability of such resources. We are not responsible for delays or failures in the performance of any of the Services caused by events beyond our control, such as acts of war, hostility or sabotage; natural disasters; electricity, internet or telecommunication failures; or government restrictions.
If the user's behavior entails legal problems, WDG may legally appeal against the user. The user agrees to indemnify, defend (if requested) and exempt WDG and its executives, directors, suppliers, partners and representatives against any third party claim, demand, loss, damage or expense (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising from (a) the content that you post or submit, (b) your use of the Services, (c) your violation of these Terms, or (d) your violation of any third party rights. Your indemnification obligation will survive the expiration of these Terms and your use of the Services.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by the laws of the state of São Paulo, Brazil, without reference to the principles of choice or legal conflicts. When the “Conflict Resolution” section below does not apply, WDG and the user agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the state of São Paulo, Brazil.
Legal actions and notices
No action, regardless of the form, resulting from this Agreement may be proposed by either party more than 1 (one) year after the cause of the action. Any notice or other communication to be provided under this instrument will be made in writing and delivered by registered or certified mail receipt receipt or by email (by WDG, to the email associated with the user's account, or by the user , to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Prohibition of assignment
You are prohibited from assigning or transferring these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted by them). For example, an employee's account at a company cannot be transferred to another employee. WDG is permitted to assign these Terms (or the rights and licenses granted by them) to another company or person, without restrictions. Nothing contained in these Terms confers any right, benefit or remedy to any other natural or legal person. You agree that your account is non-transferable and that all rights in your account and other rights provided for in these Terms expire upon your death.
In case of conflict, our support team will do its best to resolve the issue. If an agreement is not reached, the options will be to go to the small claims court or file the claim in binding arbitration. Most conflicts can be resolved. Therefore, before taking formal legal action, first try to contact our support team. Either party may file a claim with the small claims court, either in (a) São Paulo, Brazil (b) or in the state where the user resides, (c) or anywhere else agreed by WDG , as long as the claim qualifies to be filed in that court.
Notwithstanding the "Updating these Terms" section below, if WDG changes the "Conflict Resolution" section after the last date on which the user indicated acceptance of these Terms, the user may reject the change by giving written notification to WDG about the rejection, either by correspondence or hand delivery, to: WDG Automation, Avenida Gabriel Jorge Cury, 232, Jardim Municipal, CEP 15055-480, São José do Rio Preto, São Paulo, Brazil; or by e-mail sent from the e-mail address associated with the user's account to: email@example.com, within 30 days after the date on which the change took effect, indicated in “Last updated date” . To take effect, the notification must include the user's full name and clearly indicate the intention to reject the changes made in the “Conflict resolution” section. By rejecting the changes, the user agrees to arbitrate any conflict between him and WDG in accordance with the provisions of this section "Dispute Resolution" on the last date on which he indicated the acceptance of these Terms.
Update of these Terms
From time to time, WDG may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when adding new features) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify and / or make changes to these Terms , any time. In the event of any substantial change, WDG will notify the user by effective means such as email notification sent to the email address specified in the user's account or posting a notification on our Services. Unless otherwise specified, the changes will take effect on the day they are published.
Your continued use of our Services after the changes take effect means your acceptance of the changes. Any revised Terms will prevail over all previous Terms.
How to contact us?
The best way to contact us is through our support team. We would like users to express their doubts, questions and comments about our Services. Thank you for teaching and learning and with us. You are capable!
Types of data collected
We collect certain data directly from users, such as information entered by the user and data about the user's participation in courses. We also collect some data automatically, such as information about the user's device and which parts of our Services the user interacts with or uses.
Data provided by the user
We may collect different data about you, or provided by you, according to how you use the Services. Here are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect. When an account is created for the user and the user uses the Services, we collect all data provided directly, including:
- Account data: To use certain features (such as registering for a course), it is necessary to create a user account. When the user creates or updates his account, we collect and store the data provided, such as email address, password, gender and date of birth, and assign the user a unique identification number ("Account data").
- Profile data: The user can also choose to provide information regarding the profile, such as a photo, description, social media profiles and other data. User profile data may be seen publicly by others.
- Shared content: Certain parts of the Services allow you to interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting assessments on a course page, asking questions or answers, sending messages to students or tutors, or publishing files or papers submitted by the user . This shared content may be seen publicly by others, depending on where it is posted.
- Course data: When the user signs up for a course, we collect some data, including which courses, tasks and tests started and completed by the user, exchanges of information with tutors, moderators and other students, and essays, answers to questions and other items sent to meet course requirements.
- Student payment data: When the user purchases, we collect some data about the purchase in question (such as the name of the buyer and course purchased) when necessary to process the order. It is up to the user to provide certain payment and invoice data directly to our payment processing partners, including username, credit card information, billing address and zip code. For security reasons, WDG does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data, such as the full credit card number or card authentication data.
The data listed above is stored by WDG and associated with the user's account.
Data collected by automated means
When the user accesses the Services (including when browsing the courses), we collect certain data by automated means, including:
- System data: Technical data about the user's computer or device, such as IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device identifiers, browser, browser language, domain and other system data and types of platform (“System data”).
- Usage data: Usage statistics on user interactions with the Services, such as courses accessed, time spent on pages or on the Service, pages visited, resources used, search queries, data on clicks, date and time and others data related to your use of the Services ("Usage Data").
- Approximate geographic data: Approximate geographic location, which includes information such as country, city and geographic coordinates, calculated based on the user's IP address.
The data listed above is collected using server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and data collection tools” section below. The data is stored by WDG and associated with the user's account.
Form of collection of user data
We use tools such as cookies, web beacons, analytics services and advertising providers to collect the data listed above. Some of these tools offer the user the possibility to choose not to allow data collection.
Cookies and data collection tools
WDG uses the following types of cookies:
- Preferences: cookies that remember data about the browser and the user's preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (such as the user's preferred language).
- Security: Cookies used to allow the user to connect and access the Services, protect against fraudulent access and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of the user's account.
- Functional: cookies that store functional settings (such as the volume level set for video playback).
- Session status: cookies that track user interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and the user's browsing experience, remember the user's access details and allow the processing of user course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to function properly. Therefore, if the user disables them, certain features will not work or will be unavailable.
We use third-party mobile analytics and browser services, such as Google Analytics, on the Services. These services use data collection tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information such as the user's third-party website, the frequency of user visits, events within the Services, usage data performance and where the platform was accessed from. We use this data to improve the Services, to better understand how the Services work on different devices and to provide information that may be of interest to the user.
Purpose of user data
We use user data for purposes such as providing our Services, communicating with the user, solving problems, protecting against fraud and abuse, improving and updating our Services, analyzing how people use our Services, running personalized advertising, as required by law or necessary for security and integrity. The data collected when you use the Services are used to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to display personalized content and facilitate communication with other users;
- Process requests made by the user, specific services, information or resources;
- Communicate with the user about his account:
- Answering the user's questions and doubts;
- Send messages and administrative information, including messages received from tutors, notifications about changes to our Service and updates to our contracts;
- Sending the user information and messages about his progress in courses, award programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters and other courses available (which, at any time, the user can choose not to receive);
- Manage user account preferences;
- Facilitate the technical operation of the Services, including troubleshooting, protection of the Services and prevention of fraud and abuse;
- Request feedback from users;
- Disseminate and administer research and promotions administered or sponsored by WDG;
- Know more about the user by linking his data to other data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
- Identify unique users between devices;
- Customize ads between devices;
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services and resources;
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases and usage data;
- Advertise the Services on third party websites and applications;
- As required or permitted by law; or
- Like WDG, in our sole discretion, determine what is necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public or our Services.
Who is user data shared with?
We share some data about the user with other students and data analysis providers. We may also share user data, as needed, for security, legal compliance or as part of a corporate restructuring. Finally, we may share data in other ways, whether it is aggregated or unidentified, or if we obtain user consent.
- With other students: if you ask a tutor a question, the user's information, including their name, may also be seen publicly by other users;
- With data analysis services: As part of our use of third-party analysis tools, such as Google Analytics, we share some contact information, account data, system data, usage data or unidentified data as needed. Unidentified data means data from which information has been removed, such as the user's name and email address, which is replaced with a token ID. In this way, providers can provide analysis services. The goal is to communicate with the user in a more effective and personalized way;
- For security and compliance with the law: We may disclose user data to third parties if (at our sole discretion) we believe, based on good faith, that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of an investigation, judicial, governmental or legal order;
- Justifiably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, court order or other legally valid request;
- Necessary to detect, prevent or solve cases of fraud, abuse, misuse, possible violations of the law (or rules or regulations) or technical or security issues; or
- Justifiably necessary, in our opinion, to protect against imminent damage to the rights, properties or security of WDG, our users, employees, members of the public or our Services;
- In cases of transfer of control: If WDG submits to a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a partial or total sale of assets, we may share, disclose or transfer all user data for the successor organization, during said transition, or when contemplating a transition (including during an audit);
- After aggregation / removal of identification: we may disclose or use aggregated or unidentified data for any purpose;
We use adequate security based on the type and confidentiality of the data being stored. As with any system with Internet access, there is always a risk of unauthorized access. Therefore, it is important that the user protect the password or contact us in case of suspected unauthorized access to your account.
WDG adopts adequate security measures to protect itself against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of the user's personal data collected and stored by us. These measures vary based on the type and confidentiality of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% protected. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and WDG, the Services or any information provided to WDG in relation to the data we collect through the Services are free from unauthorized access by third parties. The user's password is an important part of our security system, and it is the user's responsibility to protect it. Do not share the password with third parties. If you suspect a password or account violation, change it immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to remedy the situation.
User options regarding the use of your data
The user has certain rights regarding the use of his data, including the possibility to opt out of receiving notifications by e-mail, cookies and data collection by certain analysis service providers. The user will be able to update or close his account within our Services and, also, contact us to clarify doubts about individual rights over his personal data.
You may choose not to provide certain data to WDG, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
- The user can choose not to receive e-mail notifications. To do this, you can change the email preferences of the user's account. It should be noted that, regardless of the user's preferred email settings, WDG will send messages about transactions and relationship related to the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services and notices about our policies;
- The browser or device used by the user may allow the control of cookies and other types of local data storage. Wireless devices may also allow you to control the collection and sharing of location or other data;
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics to use user data for analysis purposes, go to Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
If you have questions about rights, data and how WDG uses the data, the user should contact us.
Accessing, updating and deleting user's personal data
To access and update the personal data collected and maintained by WDG, the user can:
- Connect to your account and update it at any time, when the data is provided directly by it;
- To close your account:
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- To request access, send us an email;
Users outside Brazil
WDG Automation is headquartered in the state of São Paulo and, in order to provide the Services to the user, it is necessary to transfer the user's data to Brazil and process it in that country. By visiting or using our Services, you agree to the storage of your data on servers located in Brazil. By using the Services outside of Brazil, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your data in Brazil or other countries. We enter into data processing contracts with our service providers that restrict and regulate the processing of user data by them on our behalf. By submitting your data or using our Services, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing by WDG and its processors.
Updates and contact information
In the event of significant changes to this policy, we will notify users by email, notices at the WDG Academy or other mechanism required by law. The changes will take effect on the day they are published. Please contact us by email or mail in case of doubts, clarifications or conflicts.